CREDITS: I would like to thank Jeremy D'Entremont for providing much of the history one can find on this site. He is a speaker, author, historian, and tour guide who is widely recognized as the foremost authority on the lighthouses of New England. For a story on Jeremy or to visit his site (New England Lighthouses: A Virtual Guide), use the corresponding link in the right hand information bar under "Related Links".

Search for Lighthouses

Introduction

I have set up this site as a means to share my photographs of lighthouses. Since retiring and finding more time to study photography, my interests have expanded a little. For some of my work other than lighthouses please enjoy my Facebook page at, John Shaw Photography. Come visit, enjoy, and 'LIKE' if you wish.

Also, for your enjoyment, I have provided a slideshow of our journey. To view it please use the link on the right under 'Site Navigation Tools'.


I sincerely hope you enjoy my efforts and use my site not only for information and education but also to provide directions for many enjoyable, inspirational visits to the beacons along our beautiful coas.

Monday, December 5, 2011

The Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens #8

The Bibby & Harold Alfond Children's Garden - 2

     Because this new addition to the gardens is so spectacular, i had to split it into two posts.  This is the second of those.  To find out absolutely everything about the Children's Garden, use the below link. At the end of this post you will find a link to a video as well.



Tree House

Wabanaki Camp

Bear Den & Stump Jump

The Coloring Cottage

Water Pump

Green House

The Story Barn

Mr. McGregor's Garden

Part of Arch at Entrance to McGregor's Garden

Veggies in McGregor's Garden
     Use the below link to connect to a video on Maine Fairy House Festival. One sections of the Children's gardens is an area where they can build fairy houses.  I have not taken any photos of that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment