CREDITS: I would like to thank Jeremy D'Entremont for providing much of the history one can find on this site. He is a speaker, author, historian, and tour guide who is widely recognized as the foremost authority on the lighthouses of New England. For a story on Jeremy or to visit his site (New England Lighthouses: A Virtual Guide), use the corresponding link in the right hand information bar under "Related Links".

Search for Lighthouses

Introduction

I have set up this site as a means to share my photographs of lighthouses. Since retiring and finding more time to study photography, my interests have expanded a little. For some of my work other than lighthouses please enjoy my Facebook page at, John Shaw Photography. Come visit, enjoy, and 'LIKE' if you wish.

Also, for your enjoyment, I have provided a slideshow of our journey. To view it please use the link on the right under 'Site Navigation Tools'.


I sincerely hope you enjoy my efforts and use my site not only for information and education but also to provide directions for many enjoyable, inspirational visits to the beacons along our beautiful coas.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens #9

Blossoms From Throughout The Gardens 


     This is my ninth and final post on the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens.  Some of the areas that I did not feature are the Visitor Center Art Display, the Burpee Kitchen Garden, the Rose & Perennial Garden, the Cleaver Event Lawn & Garden, The Haney Hillside Garden, the Vayo Meditation Garden, and the Bosarge Family Education Center.  If you have followed this series on the gardens, there is something here for everyone.  I would encourage every one to schedule a visit there during the spring, summer or fall of the coming year.  The gardens totally change with the season so multiple visits have to be made to really experience all they have to offer.  One can even enjoy the gardens in the winter by hiking, snowshoeing, or cross country skiing the trails.
      If you have followed my blog for any time at all you realize that I really enjoy taking closeup photograph of flowers.  Because of that and because I didn't want to do multiple posts on the photos of blossoms that I have taken, I have attached a link below to a slideshow of fifty or more flower shots.  I hope you will watch it and enjoy the efforts I have made to share my work.  I believe you will have to view the slide show on a computer unless your mobile device has Flash Player.


     I have also included a short video of the Fairy House Festival held at the gardens last summer.  Use the below lint to watch the video.


     Since this is my final post on the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens I have included a link below to their website.  I hope you will visit it and make your plans for visiting the gardens next season.  Perhaps it is not too late for a gift card as a Christmas gift.  In any case I do hope you visit the gardens at some point in the future.  I guarantee you will enjoy it!  

     I would like to sincerely thank you if you have followed this series of posts.  If you have enjoyed your visits I hope you will follow my blog and look for future posts on lighthouses, wildlife, and flowers.  I certainly enjoy sharing my work with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment